Starting February 2, 2023, eligible Delta SkyMiles American Express cardmembers can now receive 15% off mileage discount anytime when booking award travel on Delta flights. This new “TakeOff 15” benefit is available to both the personal and the business Gold, Platinum, and Reserve Delta Amex cards.
In partnership with American Express, Delta has announced a new 15% off award travel benefit that most Delta SkyMiles American Express cardmembers can take advantage of. Read below to learn more about this exciting new benefit that can help your hard-earned Delta miles go further!
What is the new “TakeOff 15” benefit?
Eligible Delta Amex cardmembers can now get 15% discount on the mileage portion of an award ticket when booking award travel using Delta SkyMiles on Delta-operated flights. Direct link to offer.
Who is eligible for the Delta “TakeOff 15” benefit?
Cardholders of the following Delta SkyMiles American Express Cards are eligible:
- Delta SkyMiles Personal Gold Card
- Delta SkyMiles Business Gold Card
- Delta SkyMiles Personal Platinum Card
- Delta SkyMiles Business Platinum Card
- Delta SkyMiles Personal Reserve Card
- Delta SkyMiles Business Reserve Card
How do I get Delta’s 15% award travel discount?
- Confirm that you hold one of the eligible Delta Amex credit cards listed above.
- On delta.com or in the Fly Delta app, search for an award flight by selecting the option “Shop with Miles” in the search criteria.
- Check out and complete the award booking. The “TakeOff 15” mileage discount should be automatically applied to the booking. Double check the Delta 15% award travel discount has been applied before checking out.
Some additional terms to keep in mind:
- All Delta Amex cards qualify for this benefit, except for the Delta SkyMiles Blue Card, which has no annual fee.
- The discount only applies to Delta flights and not to partner-operated flights or to the taxes and fees associated with the booking.
- The “TakeOff 15” Delta award travel discount only applies if the entire flight itinerary is operated by Delta and is booked on delta.com or via the Fly Delta app.
- For customers that apply and open a new eligible Delta SkyMiles American Express Card, it may take up to 24 hours for the benefit eligibility to reflect on delta.com and/or the Fly Delta App.
What if I am not a Delta Amex cardholder but am interested in the Delta’s “TakeOff 15” benefit?
- Search for award travel on delta.com or in the Fly Delta app (by selecting the “Shop with Miles” option).
- After selecting a flight and before completing the purchase, a personalized offer should appear on the page for a Delta SkyMiles American Express Card.
- Apply for the card using the offer. Upon approval, you can use the new card to pay for the applicable taxes and fees. The “TakeOff 15” Delta award travel discount 15% off benefit should automatically be applied at check out for qualifying award travel booking.